Perhaps you have been hearing about the Rotary Club of Madison Tri-Quest, but haven’t really tuned in to what it is all about.
The Tri-Quest is a long-established and unique event that was started in LaCrosse 15 years ago by a group of athletic enthusiasts who wanted to incorporate golf into athletic competition. Its history was born in raising money for youth in the LaCrosse area. Over the last 15 years, 3,000 have participated and helped raise over $750,000 for the Children’s Museum, Boys and Girls Club and Family Services in LaCrosse.
Your Rotary club has licensed the right to use the event in Madison. Our goals are to:
- To provide service to the community by promoting a unique, fun, challenging athletic event.
- To raise up to $100,000 in honor of our centennial year.
- To increase Rotary’s brand awareness and to enhance our member’s experience in Rotary.
Your Board has designated the proceeds to the Madison Rotary Foundation Synergy Fund as the primary beneficiary. The Madison Rotary Foundation Synergy Scholarship Fund annually provides a four-year college scholarship to a low-income graduating high school senior from our community. Recipients excel in academics and are active in community service projects during high school, but they lack the financial resources to enable them to attend college. The Synergy Fund helps students in need to realize their college dreams; it is a gift that will last them a lifetime. Many recipients receiving our scholarship are the first in their families to attend college.
The event will be held Sunday May 20, 2012, at the Legends of Bergamont in Oregon. It includes a 5K run, 33K bike ride and 18 holes of golf. You can participate as a 3 person- corporate team, where the event is divided among competitors who compete in each leg of the event. You can also form individual, 2-person and 4-person teams where each of you participate in each leg of the event. There is competition in the male, female and co-ed divisions as well as age categories. Winners are based on overall positions in each leg of the event compared to the rest of the field. The golf event is either stroke play, best ball, scramble, or alternate shot, depending on the format of your team. It is non-handicapped event.
You can help with this event in a variety of ways.
- As a volunteer on the Tri-Quest committee or on the day of the event
- As a participant, by forming either a corporate team or other team
- By being a sponsor in one of the many categories or asking other businesses to sponsor
- By inviting friends, colleagues and co-workers to be participants
- By being a spokesperson in the community for this event