–submitted by Jessika Kasten
On February 16, UW-Madison Professor William Aylward shared, “Five Reasons Why the Trojan War Really Happened.”
- Geopolitics of the Agean Sea – The location of Troy was on a main trade route and it makes sense that competing forces would want to control this strategic location.
- Walls of Troy – The walls have been discovered and intended for protection.
- Evidence for Destruction – Siege, capture and destruction were all evident.
- The Ancient Greeks and Romans Who Lived Near Troy Promoted the Legend – They created art and literature to keep the story alive.
- We Want to Believe – Questions asked about values and morality are still applicable today.